05 October 2008

Harvest Pantry Soup

I'm launching a new site, well, actually it's an old site revamped, now called Judy's Garden and Recipes. Since much of my creating in the kitchen is due to the inspiration of my garden, I thought to combine. So this will be a double post to get it going and hopefully I will have enough to say to keep it alive.
  
My recipe tonight is Harvest Pantry Soup. In my garden I have zucchini, carrots, green beans, and tomatoes available for this soup. In the pantry I have canned beans, Orzo pasta, and chicken stock.
  
This is an easy side dish to dinner or a quick main dish for lunch. I saute (all finely chopped) half an onion, two stalks of celery, and carrots in olive oil for a few minutes. Add to that dried oregano and basil, some cumin and ground coliander, and a bit of cayanne. And fresh garlic, minced. Cook for a bit.
  
To that add a can of beans and 8 oz of chicken stock. Get to full burble and add a small amount of the pasta called Orzo. 
  
To this add chopped vegetables like green beans and zucchini, and simmer for awhile.
  
When ready to serve, spoon into a bowl and add chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese. Stir. Top with tortilla chips. And enjoy a healthy yummy harvest soup!

1 comment:

  1. oh...I love soup! I was just telling Rick, we will be upping the amount of soups we eat with the budget crunching we are going to have to do even more.
    I am so excited about your new site! I love lots of veggies in soup and the good thing is..so do my kids!
    Hey, do you happen to have any more zuchinni or some yellow squash I could buy off of you this week? I have a receipe I'm wanting to try and need some but all my neighbors gardens have stopped all ready.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!