09 February 2009

May Have To Edit This One

I kind of like this one better than the one above in the banner. I was trying to go for the color pink, you know, it's that time of year. But this is my first exploration with this program "Capture," and what a clunk. Maybe I should read the instructions. 
  
Anyway Vday is on my brain. My Dad sent me a card. Isn't that sweet? When I was a young adult, he would always give me a small heart-shaped box of chocolates. Isn't that sweet? Well, after my Mom passed, I learned, well, it was my mom buying and sending the chocolates. Isn't that funny and sweet too? Mom knew how much Daddy's love meant to me. He was busy with work, so she stepped in. 
  
So here it is - so many years later. Some years he remembers, others, well it is near tax time after all. And Dad does everyone's taxes. He is 84 years old, and totally there. Everyone depends on him too. 
  
Some healthcare worker upon learning the age of dad said, "Isn't that nice to know?" "What's that," I said. "Oh, that you have his longevity gene." She replied. 
  
Well, it would be a heck of a lot nicer to know that my mom had this "longevity gene" too. She didn't. And so far the lives of me and Mom are looking like carbon copies, which is really weird because I didn't know half of what happened in her life until after she died. 

2 comments:

  1. It is sweet that mom got you a box of chocolates from dad. :)

    I like this edit better for the header. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture in the post, the more sepia-toned one with the pink letters, and I like the bird photo a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!