21 January 2008

Seven Weird Things About Me

Alicia tagged me for the "seven weird things about me" meme.

So here it is:

1. This was tough because I really think I’m quite normal and not weird, so much so, I didn’t think I could partake in this exercise. So I thought on it most intensely. Examined my every move. Am I being weird now? How ‘bout now? Now? So my guess is that is weird in and of itself. Whew! One down.

2. I make applehead dolls. I give each one a name. (They have their own personalities and character.) Many of them have been shown in art galleries, and Gracie won first place at the county fair one year.

3. I chew my tongue when I brush my hair.

4. I love my job, and I suppose that isn’t really weird, but a lot of people don’t love their job or their spouse or their life. And they don’t do anything about it. I feel like shaking them, “What do think your life is? A trial run!”

5. I hated the color RED when I had chemo. And I had no idea why. (I finally figured it out.)

6. I like growing old – in fact I can’t wait to turn 50! (In 2010.) Before cancer I wouldn’t even admit my age. But when the doctors tell you that you have a 15% chance of being alive in five years, all of a sudden, getting old is the thing to do.

7. I never get bored or lonely. I’m not sure why. My Dad said he is the same way when he visited last Thanksgiving, so maybe it’s inherited. 


I now wish to tag Alicia, Alicia, Alicia, Alicia, Alicia, Alicia, and Alicia to find (7 x 7 =) 49 more weird things about herself. Shouldn't be too difficult, huh Alicia?

I'm kidding :) Thanks for tagging me!

1 comment:

  1. I thought your first one was funny....I laughed because...the same thing happend to me. Actually it has been following me around like a haunting nag. Seriously... I keep doing things and thinking "boy, that is weird too!" You will see more from me on this...I'm just WEIRD!
    I did not know you have a fight with cancer. I'm so thankful you have gained deep perspective from it. That cannot be bought eh? You are good at your job and we enjoy saying hi every week.
    At he rate I'm going, I may have 49 things for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!